Fall is my favorite time of year. I love:The brisk mornings Wearing sweaters and comfy sweats Leaves changing Snowboarding excitement mounting Candy corn Halloween PUMPKIN SEEDS Hot Apple Cider Football Snow Tall boots Vegetarian Chili Snuggling Scary Movies Friends Fireplaces Candles Books
After a fun pumpkin carving party, I stole some of the pumpkin guts so I could make homemade pumpkin seeds. So yummy.
3/4 cup pumpkin seeds, freshly removed from the pumpkin
1 teaspoon chilli infused olive oil or olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder, I used medium but go with your own spice comfort levels
1 hearty pinch, sea salt
1. Rinse off the pumpkin seeds trying to remove as much of the pulp as possible. Pat dry.
2. Put the pumpkin seeds in a bowl and toss with the oil.
3. Add the chilli flakes, chilli powder and sea salt to the toasted pumpkin seeds and toss to evenly distribute.
4. Pre-Heat an oven to 350 degrees.
5. Add pumpkin seeds to baking sheet and bale 15 minutes, then flip seeds and bake for another 10-15 minutes. They are ready when they have started to go golden brown but they can quickly burn so be careful to watch.
6. Remove from heat and carefully transfer the pumpkin seeds to a bowl.
7. Let the toasted pumpkin seeds sit for a couple of minutes just to allow them to crisp up and then serve.