I’m a snacking freak.
I would much rather eat a bunch of tasty snack/appetizers then an actual meal. Last night I bought 2 giant bundles of kale to make my personal fav KALE CHIPS! Seriously the best “chips” ever!! And a weird, but fabulously satisfying dinner. The best part are they are low calorie and actually really good for you. Woohoo score!
Spicy Kale Chips Recipe:
One or two bundles of kale
2 Tbsp EVOO
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- First wash and dry the kale then remove the leaves, discarding the stems.
- Add the kale leaves into a bag and add the extra virgin olive oil and mix together, making sure the olive oil gets on every leaf.
- After kale is oiled spread it out on a cookie sheet. I had a lot of kale so I made 2 batches. The kale doesn’t seem to cook as well when there is too much on the sheet.
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast, salt, and cayenne pepper on to the leaves. You can put as much or as little as you would like. I LOVE nutritional yeast (cheesy flavor) so I add a generous amount onto the kale.
- Bake kale for 12 minutes then flip and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Kale leaves should have brown edges but still be green.
- ENJOY 🙂